Monday, March 30, 2009

Butterfly Brooch -- Flower Brooch



Here is some bead embroidery I've been doing. I bought some fabric called Buckrum, and embroidered with beads after sketching an image. They are pretty quick to make, I usually sit and listen to TV while I do it.

On the back I am going to glue a piece of felt and a pin, so I can wear it on my jacket.

You could also use these to sew onto quilts, wall hangings, or glue them to a chopstick and use them as plant pokes.




On the butterfly, I used transparent beads and on the flower, I used opaque beads.

These were my first attempts. Next time I will color in the corresponding colors on the buckrum, such as green on the leaves, before I bead them. That way you won't see the white buckrum between the beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment